Simulation project SANS-2: A small angle neutron scattering instrument
SANS-2 is a small-angle neutron scattering instrument situated at the neutron source SINQ, PSI, Switzerland. SANS-2 is placed at the SINQ cold source.
In this project, you should construct a model of SANS-2, insert a SANS sample component modelling nano-sized objects, perform a virtual SANS experiment, and analyze the data. You will also study the \(q\) resolution of the spectrometer.
- 1 Question 1 - The source-guide system
- 2 Question 2 - Velocity selector
- 3 Question 3 - Pinhole collimation
- 4 Question 4 - Detector
- 5 Question 5 - The effect of gravity
- 6 Question 6 - A full virtual experiment - spheres sample
- 7 Question 7 - A full virtual experiment - Liposome sample
- 8 Question 8 - Normalizing data
- 9 Question 9 - Data analysis
- 10 Question 10 - Resolution of the SANS instrument