Welcome to the e-Learning platform
This e-Learning platform hosts free education and training for scientists and students.
Below you will find courses on both the theory of photon and neutron scattering
and how to use python code or software for data reduction and modelling.
Skip available courses
We will learn with James Lord and Rui Vilao about the role of muon spin relaxation in Semiconductors.
We will learn with Adam Berlie and Tom Lancaster about the role of muon spin relaxation in Magnetism.
The aim of this course is to learn the following:
- Calculate main characteristics of synchrotron source (Bending magnets and Insertion devices).
- Calculate the heat-load on different beamline components.
- Simulating beamline optics by ray-tracing to obtain main parameters of the beam, e. g., size and divergence, energy resolution, intensity/flux.
- Understand basic principles of X-ray optics: Mirrors and Crystals.
- Basic concepts about coherence.